Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Poem "As Starboard met sea"

There was a pain;
once encouraged, oft besought.
Some spoke hope, some spoke peace
but either I knew not.

I felt this pain led unto death,
this was my greatest fear.
I cast my fear into the deep
my heart was yet unseared.

A troubled course I set
amongst a dark and troubled sea,
but was it not the storms discourse
which led me unto Thee?

Of the storm
I, hold no lesser charge
that from the waves
out of the depths
fear enchained my heart.

As my ship plunged deeper
and starboard met sea,
from man's path I turned
Hither God, I turn to Thee.

As a child, I ran to You,
though of an old and ripened age.
You took me in and established me
to bear the strongest waves.

I know the dark
I know the deep
but perfect love
cast out fear.

My life is now
hid in Christ
in Whom I draw
ever, near.

No comments:

Post a Comment